What are we, the living beings seeking? Happiness, bliss, joy – that’s what we always look for. We have been seeking for ages, and yet struggling to find it. It is the right time to think again, to seek again. we have been seeking so hard, we have been trying so hard – perhaps we are missing just because we are trying? Maybe it is trying that keeps us away from happiness? Let us realize a profound quote;
“Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.” – Dalai Lama
Very few would say that achieving their dreams is happiness for them. Another group of people finds happiness in pursuing their dreams. Some find happiness in being with their friends, family, and love. Often people without wealth, health, love, and friends are just happy.
In general, one becomes happy when:
- the mind is calm.
- the mind is free of negative thoughts.
- the mind stops worrying.
- the mind detached from materialistic instincts
Thus, we can say that happiness is a state of mind. You can do things that will make you happy in the sense by gauging a situation. If circumstances will upset you, then you need to avoid them; actively realize what brings you joy and what brings you sadness. This is a way to ensure a happy existence. There is virtually no simpler way to recognize this. Something either brings you pain or pleasure and the things that bring you pleasure are what you should dedicate your time to. There is advice, however, that one can be mentored on how to approach certain situations to gain the best result.
Some of the most common ways to find happiness are
- Focus on the good and positive aspects of every situation.
- Avoid negative thoughts and emotions.
- Avoid thinking about your problems. Instead spend time to find a solution to your problems.
- Watch funny movies and comedy shows. Read satire.
- Surround yourself with people who make you feel happy.
- Try meditation and yoga.